Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

5 Posts

November 21st, 2019 10:00

DELL PowerEdge R510 and PERC H700 RAID Driver for WIn server 2008R2 Ent

Hello All,

I have tried to freshly install win server 2008R2 Ent on PowerEdge R510+H700 integrated Raid controller, and downloaded Driver of H700 from the following link:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=w7x7h

But I am not able to unlock SAS-RAID_Driver_W7X7H_WN32_4.31.1.64_A02.EXE. When i clicked on .exe file to create a USB drive (I tried to run .exe on win7-64bit, win10 64 bit) it gave Error message :

"This Update Package is not compatibile with your system configuration"

I followed the thread : "DELL PowerEdge R710 and PERC H700 RAID Driver for WIn 2008 Std"  In this thread, theflash1932 said, see the following 

=====

With either one, you must first unblock the .exe (right-click on the .exe, Properties, Unblock), unzip/extract the files (run it and take note of default location), then copy those 4 files to a CD, USB, etc., then when Windows tells you it can't find any hard drives, click on the Load Drivers link below to load the drivers from the media you chose.

=======

I could not have 4 files (one is .inf file) created. 

Could you give an advice on how i should solve the problem? my H700 integrated raid disk, part number is XXFVX.

Thank you very very much.

• 

6.2K Posts

November 21st, 2019 12:00

Hello

You should not need to install SAS drivers to be able to install the OS. 2008R2 should have native SAS drivers that the H700 can use. If you do not have an archive application installed on your computer that will allow you to extract files from the Dell Update Package then you can download the Hard-Drive version on that page. That should be a self-extracting executable.

If you install the OS using native SAS drivers then you can use the DUP to update the driver from within the OS after installation.

Thanks

November 21st, 2019 13:00

Thank you, Daniel, very much. 

I will install 8 new SATA disk from scratch and rebuild Raid 5 with H700, and then install 2008R2. So i don't have any archive application installed on my computer, I am going to download the Hard-Drive version on that page, and unzip it to USB. So i still need  click "Load the Drivers" from media, Right?

By the way how can i tell you service tag of R510 since the email is not "NOREPLY@dellcommunity.dell.com".

I will let you know the outcome, and thank you so much.

LA

December 2nd, 2019 15:00

Thank you very much again Daniel.M. 

I succeed to setup and configure R510 + H700 Raid 5 with 8x4T. Both Server 2008R2 and Server 2012R2 were perfectly working with this kind of configuration.

You are absolutely You should not need to install SAS drivers to be able to install the OS. 2008R2 should have native SAS drivers that the H700 can use".

LA

No Events found!