Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

3 Posts

November 13th, 2018 21:00

Dell PowerEdge R620 - PERC H710P Controller

Right now I have a PowerEdge R620 3 PCI Chasis with a H710P Mini, I am switching it to a 2 PCI chasis and a PERC H710P Non-Mini. I do know the connectors are different than on the motherboard. I cannot find for the life of me the SAS A/B cables that I need to order/find to plug into the Non-Mini Raidcard(PCIE). I am going to be running a GPU and got the server for free understanding that I cannot have 10gb(daughter card) or a H710P Mini.

Does anyone know the 2 cables that I need to order. I have a 8bay backplane.

I did come across this part number: R1RNV

but I wanna be 100% sure I am ordering/finding the correct cables. I don't want extra length. I have OCD and like keeping things the way they were designed even though some things will still work. I can't even find the correct part number for the PCIE version of the H710P ebay and articles I find and try to cross reference with dells website seems that it cannot be found. (or is old and dell does not keep older part list on outdated servers ie us homelabers)

• 

6.2K Posts

November 14th, 2018 10:00

Hello

R1RNV looks like the correct SAS cable. It is the SAS cable for the H310/H710 adapter to connect with an x8 backplane.

When you are selecting the PERC H710P you should review the slot requirements to make sure you purchase the correct version. I show the H710P adapter low profile is the supported version. I have the full height version of the H710P in the R620 part list, so there is probably a configuration that supports full height. You should be able to location the slot specifications in the manual. The supported configuration for the x8 backplane shows the PERC should be the low profile version installed in slot 1. D0JMF, XX5JC, those are two part numbers I have for the H710P low profile adapter.

Thanks

No Events found!