Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 9th, 2014 19:00

Dell PowerEdge T320 PERC H710P Upgrade

Dear support, I have a Dell PowerEdge T320 server that was purchased with an S100 software RAID controller.  I just bought a PERC H710P controller and was hoping for some assistance on installation.  Do I need anything else to install the card like a cable assembly?  I have an 8 x 3.5" hot swappable backplane installed already with a pair of SAS cables that connect to the motherboard.  What else do i need to do to make this work?  I'm also not sure where the PERC H710P controller is to be installed?  I can't seem to find any pictures or diagrams on the Internet.

Thank you

Joe

• 

8.4K Posts

September 10th, 2014 07:00

Jpmigliozzi,

You would need to also order the cable (part # DJXF7) as well. That is the cable that runs from the 710 to the 8x 3.5 backplane. Look at the picture below and let me know if those are the cables you have already.

Let me know.

September 18th, 2014 11:00

Thank you, i believe i have the correct cables.  However, i'm not sure where the actual card is installed.  I don't see anywhere on the motherboard to mount it.  There is no connector anywhere that looks like the one that matches the H710 controller i received.  Do i need a different motherboard or backplane also?  Do you have any pictures of where the H710 controller is connected inside the T320?

7 Posts

September 29th, 2014 20:00

JPMIGLIOZZI,

The T320 requires the PCIe version of the card.  

No Events found!