Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

76 Posts

May 18th, 2020 10:00

LSI 9207-8i Firmware update for ESXi 6.x - Dell R 820 PowerEdge servers

Hi Team,

We are using DELL R 820 PE servers and recently we changed the inbuilt RAID controller(PERC H 710 controller) to LSI HBA 9207-8i.

Now we like to update the LSI HBA 9207-8i firmware.

As the ESXi os is running on this server,we tried to install the "sas2flash" utility.

But when we list the device,it says as "No LSI card is detected".

How to do the firmware update? Pls advice.

Thanks,

Manivel R

2.9K Posts

May 18th, 2020 14:00

What version of ESXi is installed and what troubleshooting steps have you taken? Is the card otherwise working correctly?

The iDRAC7 line can also provide firmware updates beyond the iDRAC and Lifecycle controller, so you can provide the update package there. 

76 Posts

May 19th, 2020 10:00

LSI HBA card works fine with FW 18 and all the VSAN disks are visible from ESXI OS.We tried to install the SAS2flash utilty from ESXi command line but no luck.It says "No LSI controllers found"

We tried to boot the system with boot manager-->F11 where we tried to update the HBA firmware but still SAS2flash utility reports the same message ""No LSI controllers found"

This is pre-prod setup with ESXi 6.7 with LSI HBA(VSAN  AF).

Thanks,

Manivel RR

2.9K Posts

May 19th, 2020 11:00

I would recommend using the iDRAC to apply the Windows package using the iDRAC Firmware Update part of the web interface, if you want to update the firmware. I would recommend checking the VMware HCL first, however, to make sure an issue isn't introduced.

No Events found!