Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 30th, 2012 11:00

Perc 6/i foreign state drive

I have a server that has a Perc 6/i controller.  I had to replace several drives in my Raid 5 because of an error with exchange (which oddly seem to fix) but doing so I did not take out my hot spare.  While the hot spare was rebuilding I stopped it and then put in the drive that was supposed to be it's replacement.  Of course this put the drive into a foreign state with only the options to blink/unblink.  I have taken the drive out hooked it up to another computer and deleted the data but that did not help.  Is there a way to clear the foreign state of the drive with out going into the controller card? 

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

There are only two ways to clear the Foreign Configuration:  1) in the CTRL-R utility for the PERC, or 2) using the OpenManage Server Administrator software (OMSA, Storage, PERC, Information/Configuration (link at top of page), then Foreign/Clear from the dropdown menu of available tasks for the controller.

3 Posts

Well it was work asking... thanks for the tip...

3 Posts

I am not here after hours and I don't mind doing it through the DRAC but was hoping to be able to do it while I was onsite.  

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

So, why can't you do it in CTRL-R?

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

August 30th, 2012 12:00

"hoping to be able to do it while I was onsite"

So, why can't you do it in CTRL-R, if you are/were onsite?

No Events found!