Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2015 06:00

Perc H700 can't go into configuration mode - Ctl+R

Greetings!

I'm in a weird situation that I'm having difficulty understanding what is going on. I've just installed a Perc H700 raid controller in a Dell Poweredge T310 server (replacing a S300). I'm at the point to go into the controller configuration mode by pressing Ctrl+R to create a new array/virtual disk but it doesn't work. My keyboard works fine, I can press F2 to go into the BIOS but the interrupt for Ctrl+R for the H700 is not being taken. The server continues booting as nothing happened.

I've worked a lot with raid controllers, but this is the first time I've seen this problem and so far I can't get any info yet on Google.

Thx for any input/feedback.

• 

6.2K Posts

December 5th, 2015 15:00

Hello

Are you getting the CTL R prompt? Does it say to press CTL R to enter the H700? Which H700 did you install, and which slot did you install it into?

Thanks

3 Posts

December 5th, 2015 16:00

Hi Daniel.

To answer your questions, yes I do get the prompt to press the Ctrl+R. I can plainly see  the Perc H700 being listed in the boot process.

I've just resolve the problem an hour ago. When the H700 is listed and it says to press the Ctrl+R, I've noticed that the firmware version being display is 12.15. After doing some research on the H700 for the latest firmware version available (officially from Dell), I could only find the 12.07. This led me to believe that the firmware installed on this card might be one from LSI and not from Dell.

So I've decided to downgrade the firmware, I used the 12.06 - since I can't find a version of the 12.07 that will let me do an offline update (no OS is installed yet). The firmware downgrade worked and tada, I can now press the Ctrl+R to go into configuration mode.

Thx for the reply!

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

December 6th, 2015 07:00

since I can't find a version of the 12.07 that will let me do an offline update

When there is a format missing from the Support Site, you can usually find them on the FTP site:

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/poweredge-t310.html

All the formats are available, both packaged and unpackaged:

3 Posts

December 6th, 2015 08:00

I did flashed the H700 to version 12.07 after Windows 2008 server was installed with the Windows program tough.

Thx for the info about the FTP. I'll remember it for the future.

1 Message

September 16th, 2018 03:00

Hello,
I had a same problem. When restart my server, sometimes system will be boot successfully. But sometimes I cannot boot into the system and stop in a blank page (black pages and flashing dash), when I try to enter configuration mode - Ctl+R still direct my into blank page. 

I am wondering how to degraded h700 to dell firmware version, is there any tutorial? thanks

No Events found!