crashandrew
1 Copper

PowerEdge 2900 server raid

Jump to solution

hello all and good day

I have a PowerEdge 2900 that has been wiped and raid configured with 2 drives and ready for os install. however when trying to use the server assistant I get an error that stats can not detect drives or they are not initialized . I have don't all the raid configuring and should be ready. I took a look in the main server bios and I don't see the raid controller listed in the boot sequence. all I see is cd rom on sata b and hard disk. before the server was wiped the raid controller was listed in the boot sequence menu. did I change a setting I shouldn't have or am I missing part of the process? anyone lend a had and solving this issue? I would like to get the server back up and running. the server has a perc 6i

when I got the server is was up and running. however it came from a health care facility and needed to be wiped.

I wiped it myself just by going in the raid controller and deleting the VD and reconfiguring it with a new configuration.

please tell me I didn't just make the heaviest paper weight in my office.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theflash1932
6 Indium

RE: PowerEdge 2900 server raid

Jump to solution

You must configure AND initialize the virtual disk (array) ... check the Advanced and Initialize boxes during creation of the VD.

You may also be using a version of "server assistant" (obsolete) that doesn't support the hardware in your server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
theflash1932
6 Indium

Jump to solution

You must configure AND initialize the virtual disk (array) ... check the Advanced and Initialize boxes during creation of the VD.

You may also be using a version of "server assistant" (obsolete) that doesn't support the hardware in your server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
crashandrew
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thanks, after trying for days your response helped.didn't know a about the Diffrent versions of the assistant cd. Your right I tried a Diffrent version of the assistant and bam. Worked. Thanks so so much. For someone who configs all the time it might have came natural to know that.But I have allot of ignorance when it comes to the config of raid and the array. Thanks again. You saved me tech fee of 299.00. Amazing

0 Kudos