Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 15th, 2015 10:00

PowerEdge R310 Perc S300 Raid 10

I am trying to set up a PowerEdge R310 with a Perc S300 and 4 x 2tb drives and a raid 10 and server 2012 r2.  

I set up the raid 10 by hitting control R during boot.  it sets up fine.  i then put in my openmanage systems management dvd and run the setup.  this is where problem starts.  with all 4 - 2tb drives and raid 10, i should have 4tb of hard drive space, and it is only showing 2tb.

I cancelled the install, rebooted and changed bios to UEFI.  the problem here is, with UEFI boot, server won't boot to dvd, instead it boots directly to flash drive (this is where OS is).  This works fine too, but at beginning of install, It says "we couldn't find any drives" and it wants me to install drivers.  i browse to openmanage dvd and cannot find any drivers.

once again i cancel installation.  i switch back to normal bios from UEFI, boot to openmanage dvd and try and reconfigure raid from openmanage.  everything configures fine, but during the end of process when it is preparing files, it gives me an error saying "deployment failed due to: Boot controller details culd not be fetched", and my only option is to reboot.

so i reboot, and start all over again.

my only option so far is to do NON UEFI install and only have 2tb of hard drive space, but i really want to use all 4tb.

please help!

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

April 15th, 2015 12:00

The OpenManage DVD does not have drivers in the format you need for use during a manual OS installation - you need to get them from support.dell.com (or ftp.dell.com - you need the Hard Drive / ZPE file version).

Did you check the UEFI boot options? You should be able to boot to DVD in UEFI mode. And what do you mean you can only boot "directly to flash drive"? If you can boot to a flash drive in UEFI mode, then why not install Windows from a flash drive? And what do you mean "this is where the OS is"?

2 Posts

April 16th, 2015 11:00

Downloading the drivers from Dell site worked.  it was hard to find the right ones, but finally i found it and it worked.  thanks.

No Events found!