Highlighted

PowerEdge SC440

Jump to solution

I recently got a PowerEdge SC440 server. I am working on setting it up as a home network server/storage. It came with a DELL E2K-UCP-51 PERC 5I PCI-E SAS RAID CONTROLLER WITH 256MB CACHE RAID card, no OS installed. I want to use ubuntu 18 live server 64bit as OS. I also want to use RAID 5 with 4 HDD. Where would I find a driver for this card?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: PowerEdge SC440

Jump to solution

Hello @stilgarthehammer,

It's great to read that a PowerEdge SC440 is still up and running! It's also good to know you have project for using it. However, please note this is a 14 years old server. And Ubunutu 18 was launched on 2018. So maybe you will find some compatibility issues. You can see it is not listed as a supported OS

Anyways, I will try to provide you with all the info we got so you can try to find the suitable solution for you. First of all, all official Dell drivers and firmwares are in our Support Page.

You just need to select the OS and search for the hardware category. You will see Ubuntu is not listed as an OS, so you may select the most similar Linux version. Then in the category, you can select SAS RAID for the controller firmware and driver. I think this is the last version available.

I hope this information helps you.
Regards.

logo
 Diego López

Social Media and Communities Professional
 Comunidad Dell | @DellAyudaPro | Eventos en línea

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @stilgarthehammer,

It's great to read that a PowerEdge SC440 is still up and running! It's also good to know you have project for using it. However, please note this is a 14 years old server. And Ubunutu 18 was launched on 2018. So maybe you will find some compatibility issues. You can see it is not listed as a supported OS

Anyways, I will try to provide you with all the info we got so you can try to find the suitable solution for you. First of all, all official Dell drivers and firmwares are in our Support Page.

You just need to select the OS and search for the hardware category. You will see Ubuntu is not listed as an OS, so you may select the most similar Linux version. Then in the category, you can select SAS RAID for the controller firmware and driver. I think this is the last version available.

I hope this information helps you.
Regards.

logo
 Diego López

Social Media and Communities Professional
 Comunidad Dell | @DellAyudaPro | Eventos en línea

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you,