Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2015 06:00

Poweredge Amber Health Light After 2 new HDD's

I have an R610 that had an amber health light on Drive 0:1.  The config is RAID 1 with only drives 0 and 1 installed.

Dell sent me a new replacement drive and after inserting it and the rebuild completed, the light remained yellow and the OpenManage says failure predicted.

Dell sent me a second new drive.  Same thing.

Then the original Drive 0:0 started amber alerting with failure predicted in OpenManage.  Replaced that drive. After rebuild, amber light remains.

What shall I try next that I have replaced both drives and Windows is working just fine and the server remains on line.

Thanks!!

• 

8.8K Posts

June 10th, 2015 08:00

Medic66,

I would make sure that the server and controller are up to date and current. Once that is done then access the controller and start a Consistency Check. Let me know if that removes the Predicted Failure.

Here are the updates for the server, if needed.

BIOS 6.4: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=C6MRW

Drac 1.98: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=78M0V

If you let me know the specific raid controller in the server I can get you the necessary link. 

Let me know.

5 Posts

June 10th, 2015 09:00

Is the Consistency Check initiated from the OpenManage program or from the controller program at the time of server power up?

RC

5 Posts

June 10th, 2015 09:00

I found the consistency check in the open manage software and it ran and the VIRTUAL DISK 0 passed.

THe physical disks both are still flashing amber.  I will begin the software updates as soon as I come back from lunch.

Chrs...the raid controllers is a PERC 6/i.  Let me know if you need anything further on that.

RC

5 Posts

June 10th, 2015 11:00

Chris...no changes have been noticed following the updates you provided above.

RC

5 Posts

June 11th, 2015 07:00

After running over night, I did a second consistency check with no change.

No Events found!