anickless
1 Nickel

Poweredge T630 Creating two virtual disks

So I must be missing something because I have two drives that I want to RAID 1 for the host OS and the rest as RAID 10. Yet I can create one Virtual disk just fine but when I create the second the first one is blown away. And no I make sure that the disks used for the first virtual drive are not selected for the second one.

any suggestions I am using lifecycle controller 2.40

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Poweredge T630 Creating two virtual disks

Hello

What controller are you using? Are you accessing the controller BIOS through the LCC or creating the virtual disks during OS deployment? The virtual disk creation in OS deployment is limited. If you are going to be creating multiple virtual disks it would be best to do it from the controller BIOS prior to using OS deployment. You can then skip the virtual disk creation during deployment.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
anickless
1 Nickel

I got it solved I was using the lifecycle controller and when I used the iDRAC I could create and intilaize two virtual disks how I wanted.

Highlighted
driekes
1 Copper

I am still facing this issue. I want to create 2 VD's. 1 for RAID 5 SATA disks, 1 for RAID5 SAS disks.

From the iDRAC controller it seems I'm only able to create 1. eg. 1 for the SAS drives. If I want to do the same for the SAS disks, this configuration "overwrites" the first configuration. Please note, that it is the first time I've seen a server from up close. It is a poweredge R7425 with iDRAC 9. (firmware 3.21.25.22).

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos