Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2005 19:00

Question regarding mirroring drives using CERC 6-Channel SATA Raid Controller

I am trying to create a server that will primarily serve as a database server that will also have some CRM software on it.  There will only be between 5 and 10 users on it and mostly 2 or 3 at a time.  I would like to simulate the mirroring function you can do with RAID and SCSI and wondered if a configuration using CERC 6-Channel SATA Raid Controller and Add-in SATA Card RAID 1,2 along with 2 - 80 GB SATA Hard drives will allow me to complete this functionality and if so am I asking for problems by doing this? 

Thanks,

Tait

107 Posts

March 20th, 2005 03:00

Your message is confusing.  Ther CERC SATA 6 channel will support the hard drives in a mirrored RAID 1 configuration.  You do not need another card, if I've interpreted your question correctly.

2 Posts

March 21st, 2005 14:00

So to be clear, I only need the CERC 6-Channel SATA Raid Controller and I do not need the Add-in SATA Card RAID 1,2?  What does the Add-in SATA Card RAID 1,2 do?  Will I have a significant performance drop by running the CERC 6-Channel SATA Raid Controller as opposed to running the actual Raid configuration with SCSI hard drives?  Thanks a lot. 

Tait
No Events found!