Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

April 29th, 2020 04:00

R630 raid doesn't recognize drives

Hi. I've got a R630 that refuses to recognize the drives installed in it, these are drives that came with the server from factory, dell drives.

I've also tried other drives just to be sure, no matter what the raid controller refuses to find the drives. So far I have tried the following: Change SATA settings and RAID settings from bios, including changing the internal/external raid setting.

I can boot fine into the RAID controller but it only lists the two internal SD cards. Any help is greatly appreciated,

BR

Tim

• 

8.8K Posts

April 29th, 2020 12:00

Timothy_R630,

Normally when I see this it is due to a hardware controller being installed, and the backplane is cabled to it, but its disabled and you're accessing the embedded controller (S130). Would you confirm the controller you're accessing, as well as where the backplane cables are running to?

Also, you can Private Message me the svc tag and I can confirm whats installed.

April 29th, 2020 13:00

I'm trying to use the internal s130 yes. 

I can use it fine but it shows no drives, drive bay is connected firmly to the motherboard and drives spool up and blink green when inserted. 

Getting to my wits end here, been bothering me for several years as I've only used the server as a paperweight.. 

4 Operator

• 

1.9K Posts

Hmmmm SD cards sounds like an ESXi Host.  ESXi doesnt support S130 because the S is for 'S'oftware Fake/Chipset RAID.  Does the iDRAC list your Harddrives or not?

So which controller is in your Poweredge. I hope its a H730(p)!

Regards,
Joerg

I'm actually uncertain, but I believe it's an s130... 

Any way to swap it out physically? 

Maybe the solution is to find another raid card all together.. 

No Events found!