Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2012 12:00

R810, QLE2460 not seen in powerpath

I have a brand new R810 that EMC powerpath will not see the HBA's in.  They are seen in the SAN switch and not mapped to anything in the CX4 however they are showing a LUN mapped.  MPIO sees hitachi drives attached to them, the server contains local Hitachi drives.  Fighting this for a week +  

2008R2 Enterprise

Dell\EMC CX4-120

Brocade E200 Switches

Powerpath 5.3 or 5.5 doesnt matter, neither see them.  

1.2K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 12:00

Zone the hba's to the sp ports of the CX, powerpath is for path management. if you haven't created the path from the hba to the storage then nothing will show.

• 

6.9K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 14:00

Hello,

Power path will not see the QLE 2460 until it is zoned to see the CX4-120.  The Lun that it is showing can be from an old fibre card that is still registered on the CX 4-120.  To ensure that the server  sees the correct luns you can go into Navisphere or if flare 30 usphere on the CX 4-120 & check under the host to see what luns are being accessed by the host.  If no luns are listed there then the lun is most likely coming from the Hitachi drives array setup if you have a local array on the server. By default you have to zone the HBA and the CX4-120 in the same zone before Lun’s can be seen.  Also you will have to have Lun’s assigned to the host on the CX4-120 before data can flow.  The power path versions are correct & once you zone the HBA to the CX power path will pick up the HBA.  Let us know how it goes.

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 20:00

I had to dump windows and re-install.  Something wasnt right.  Once I did that and re-zoned the lun it came up fine.  Was just weird that it was seen all the way through.  Thanks for your help.  all set now.

No Events found!