Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

September 28th, 2022 07:00

Raid configuration deleted

Hi, I have a dell power edge R440 server with two SSD configured in raid 1 format, but unfortunately i have cleared the raid configuration from system setup. Now how can i restore the configuration without loosing data!

• 

8.8K Posts

September 28th, 2022 12:00

Robiislam639,

Depending on the controller, you will see either a foreign configuration (where controller raid configuration data differs from configuration data present on drives), in that case you would need to import the foreign in order to get the configuration from the drives. The other thing would be that you may need to retag the Virtual Disk, a retag is where you go through the process of recreating the virtual disk (must be configured exactly as before (raid level, stripe size, etc) but when you create it you do NOT initialize it, as that will format the drives and delete the data. 

Let me know if this helps.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 27th, 2024 19:19

Hello.

I know this is a year and half old but I have almost the same issue and there was no answer.  Mine differs only by it is a T440.

My C drive died.  It wasn't raided.  I replaced it with 2 drives and when I set them up as a raid, I (stupidly) just chose the defaults which deleted the Foreign settings.  I have/had 3 raids; all raid 1.  I can see the drives in the bios and in the raid manager.  They are also visible in Dell's OpenManage Server Administrator.  I've tried 2 raid recovery software but they don't see the drives. 

Is there a way to get the configuration back without deleting the data?  

Since they are raid 1, if I take one and attach it to a SATA connection instead of the PERC H330, will the data be accessible?

Zyxian

• 

4.1K Posts

April 28th, 2024 23:04

Hello, thanks for choosing Dell and welcome to our community.

I replaced it with 2 drives and when I set them up as a raid, I (stupidly) just chose the defaults which deleted the Foreign settings. -> Upon this, I'm afraid the data is irrecoverable. Sorry I can't be of much help this time.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know.

Respectfully,

No Events found!