Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

July 18th, 2018 10:00

Re-Create RAID-1 after "Reset Configuration" PERC 710H Mini

We started noticing problem with our RAID-1 on PERC 710H Mini - There are 2 Virtual disks in the iDRAC and Bios, but booting linux livecd only shows one virtual device. 

I decided to Reset RAID configuration

d1.png

Less I knew that "Reset Configuration" will not only clear controller memory but also wipe the RAID config from the disk.

What are my options right now? I dont see these disks in "Foreign Configuration"

Do sombody know any way to re-create the RAID if you know what the configuration was? I see that trying to create same-sized VD on these disks will totally erase them.

• 

6.2K Posts

July 18th, 2018 12:00

Hello

What you are referring to is a re-tag. Yes, it is possible to do a re-tag on the H710. An initialization is optional on the H710. If you create a virtual disk that had the same settings as the previous virtual disk then it will rewrite the metadata that defines the virtual disk. If the data is still present on the disks then it should be accessible.

You will be prompted to initialize any newly created virtual disks. If you are re-tagging it is very important that you do not initialize the virtual disk. A full initialization is data destructive.

If you input any information incorrectly in a re-tag it will not see the existing data. It will start overwriting the existing data and corrupt what information is present. If the data is critical and not backed up then I suggest contact a data recovery company instead of attempting a re-tag.

http://www.dell.com/storagecontrollermanuals/

Thanks

No Events found!