Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 3rd, 2014 17:00

Re-flash PERC H700 Firmware from Adapter to Integrated Adapter?

Hello, We have several 1Gb H700 Adapter cards (not modular) that we would like to use in our R710’s and were wondering if they can be re-flashed with the “Integrated” adapter firmware? I believe the two cards are identical with the firmware being the only difference, adapters work in any PCIe slot while Integrated Adapters only work in the dedicated Internal Storage PCIe slot. We tried these cards in the R710’s and they get the error: “Invalid PCIe in the Internal storage slot! SYSTEM HALTED” .They work fine when tried in the other PCIe slots but the SAS cables don’t reach. I have tried to flash the cards with the Dell Integrated firmware via DOS boot USB but it can’t find the card in the PCIe slot and I can’t get past the System Halted message when trying the dedicated PCIe slot. Thanks, Glenn

• 

3.5K Posts

July 20th, 2020 07:00

Hello,

we cannot help you because this modification is out of support. Let's see if other customer can answer to your question!

Thanks
Marco

December 3rd, 2020 05:00

Hi @gwm210 

I followed your instructions (and others on subsequent tries), and my card is working on internal slot..

Until I reboot or shutdown.

Even on my spare flashing computer, rebooting change the SBR values in hex position 16/62 from 17 -> 16 and in 4B/97 from D4 >D5.

I've tried your method (ReadSBR, Clean, reboot, flash, flash SBR, flash SPD)

i've tried a variant (ReadSBR, FlashSBR, clean, reboot, flash)

No way, As soon as I reboot the computer (R710 or simple PC), SBR values are overwritten.

Note that I never found your version of firmware (FW1405I), so I'm trying using FW1584.ROM (12.10.4_A10) and FW4651I.rom (12.10.7_A13).

Any advice ?

TIA.

1 Message

December 11th, 2020 18:00

I cannot find the FW1405IA.rom file anywhere for download. Does anyone have a link?

Trying to reconfigure H700 to IT mode for UNRAID on a repurposed R515. TIA

No Events found!