Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

November 13th, 2018 01:00

Smart Drive Information through PERC H330 card on Windows

I am using a Dell Poweredge R230 server with a PERC H330 card in a RAID1 configuration with two SSD drives. I would like to know if it is possible to obtain smart drive information through the H330 card on Windows Server 2012 R2. My attempts so far have been unsuccessful. It seems the windows driver does not support the csmi standard. The information that can be obtained through the percli tool is limited and does not contain important information such as write wear level. Are there any options to option smart drive information in this environment?

• 

8.5K Posts

November 13th, 2018 09:00

Hi,

Are they Dell SSDs? If they are not our SSDs we do not guarantee that the controller will pass information about them properly.

2 Posts

November 14th, 2018 08:00

It is not a Dell SSD. How would you read the smart information of Dell SSD on a Windows server? The Windows driver does not support the csmi standard.

20 Posts

November 21st, 2018 16:00

Hey Merravid,

I won't claim to be an expert on the topic, but I will say that OpenManage Server Administrator does show this same information, including the wear level.

3 Posts

February 9th, 2019 09:00

Hello i have 4 ssd kingson and i try to install windows 2012 r2 and i configure ssd in raid 10 and after try to install windows i can't see hdd in partition table !!! and can't install windows !!!! In bios and CTR+R no see SSD i see only in raid controler interface
No Events found!