Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

April 10th, 2017 10:00

Update PERC 6/i Firmware -

I am trying to update the PERC 6/i firmware on a PowerEdge r510. I downloaded "SAS-RAID_Firmwarea_F96NR_WN32_6.3.3-0002_x00.exe" and double clicked to run it. A message indicates the firmware is newer than the one I currently have, so I click to continue. It appears to being installing but then stops with the message, "Failed to initiate COM security." I cannot find any information regarding the message or how to resolve it, so I am stuck. Any help that can be provided with be very much appreciated. Not sure if it matters, but the server's OS is a fresh installation of Windows Datacenter 2016. 

7 Posts

April 10th, 2017 13:00

I did not word a sentence correctly. The message displayed after double clicking the file confirms that the new file has a version newer than the one currently in use. 

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

April 10th, 2017 14:00

Shots in the dark, have not run into this issue.....

Did you skip any previous firmware updates? you may need to do an update between your present card version and the newer one.

Did you try this version, just below the Windows version? Ran as administrator? After a fresh restart? Restart and try the files you downloaded.

SAS_RAID_PERC6i-int_6.3.3-0002_A00_ZPE.exe

No Events found!