Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2017 23:00

Warranty and manufacture date and exrpiry date of Server hard disk

I have 3 hard dsik for our server it is old but i need to know the manufacture date and warranty expiry and also can you help me guys im trying to search in the dell website but i already put the part number service tag and order number but still there is no result can you help me guys 

Thank you so much 

• 

8.8K Posts

February 16th, 2017 10:00

Bhabs1212,

What are you seeing when you put the svc tag in the page here, what do you see? Do you see Warranty listed on the left side of the resulting page, if so that is where you can verify your coverage. Also, feel free to message me the svc tag and I can look into the warranty information for you. 

5 Posts

February 17th, 2017 22:00

Sir i already tried the app but this is what is saw 

1 Message

May 15th, 2020 09:00

I'm curious what the relation of the warranty is to the manufacture date?

I have a used R610 I'm trying to purchase with an expired warranty. How can I determine the Generation or manufacture date?

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

May 15th, 2020 11:00

Generally speaking, if you can find the original warranty start date, you can get an approximation of the manufacturer date. The build process wouldn't start until the order is placed, and the warranty wouldn't start until roughly delivery. 

As far as determining the generation, an R610 is an 11th generation server. The 1 is the indicator for that. An R600 would be a tenth, while an R620 would be a 12th, and so on. If the seller wants to provide the tag, I can check for specifics, if you like.

No Events found!