Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

June 4th, 2019 23:00

13G Poweredge PCIE Bifurcation

I saw one post which referenced this issue, but haven't been able to find a definitive answer. Are there any plans to add PCIe bifurcation to the other 13G PE Servers? (in my case, the R530). I know that the R630 currently supports it, and it would be an extremely helpful feature for my use case. I've updated to the most recent BIOS, and cannot find any option in the Integrated Devices details nor any reference in the manual. Thanks for the help.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 5th, 2019 06:00

I haven't seen or heard anything about the addition of bifurcation to this model. We don't get to see what our devs are working on, so I wouldn't rule it out completely, but I don't expect it to be a feature. 

3 Posts

June 5th, 2019 13:00

Blast. Is there any channel through which a request can be submitted? Thanks for the help.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 5th, 2019 14:00

I can talk to my escalation points about a feature request. That having been said, I'm not sure if it would be possible with just a BIOS update, or if the board is lacking the necessary components to make it happen. In either case, no harm in asking.

3 Posts

June 7th, 2019 01:00

That's great, thanks for the help. Fingers crossed.

7 Posts

April 27th, 2020 19:00

Was there any progress made towards this request? I have two R430's ... thanks!

• 

3.4K Posts

April 27th, 2020 23:00

Hi,

Unfortunately, PCIe Bifurcation only being implemented on 14G servers. 

7 Posts

April 28th, 2020 16:00

R630's and R730(xd)s seem to have support for it... it's well documented. Why not R430's and R530's?!

Feel like I'm getting ripped off here...

• 

3.4K Posts

April 28th, 2020 18:00

Hi @evdev,

My apologies, my honest mistake. I didn't go through well on the user guides of each of the servers. It may be due to the architecture of the specific main boards that the feature Bifurcation is not supported; not only a BIOS update.

7 Posts

April 28th, 2020 21:00

No worries, thanks for letting me know.

Is it possible for us to confirm that it is, in fact, an architecture limitation? If not an architecture limitation, can we put (and prioritize highly) bifurcation support on the BIOS backlog before BIOS updates slow to a stand-still on these 13th gen?

Cheers

e: I do know that the support on R630 + R730(xd) was done via BIOS update. Bifurcation was not initially supported with those servers; so was not an architectural limitation.

• 

3.4K Posts

April 29th, 2020 00:00

Hi @evdev,

It is a high possibility that it could be the architectural disadvantage, rather than not a BIOS release. Else engineering would have released it soonest they know it's essential. Though, the development team usually don't release any information publicly, I'll be creating a case up for them to have a look at the demands. 

Sounds good?

7 Posts

April 29th, 2020 11:00

Joey, that sounds amazing. I couldn't ask for anything more. I highly appreciate your time and assistance.

7 Posts

May 9th, 2020 20:00

Any movement on the case?

Cheers!

• 

3.4K Posts

May 11th, 2020 01:00

Hi,

So far, there is no update from the engineer if there is any additional feature information to the technical support.

1 Message

September 13th, 2020 00:00

Hi

I would like also extend my R430 with 4xNVME pcie card. 

any news to PCIe bifurcation for G13?

Best regards,

lukas

• 

4.1K Posts

September 13th, 2020 23:00

Hi Dell has strictly different NVMe depending on your server model. We do not quite understand what your question is. We have your server model so if we can have information on the NVMe ( Such as Dell part # or the label information) we can see if they are compatible. 

No Events found!