Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2016 05:00

2950 lost data

Hello together,

after a powerdown the server does not boot any more. I discovered that the raid 1 (2 harddsiks - OS installed) and the raid 5 (3 harddisk) are in good conditions (raids are up and without any errors) but the data are lost. I see the raids (virtual disks) with a Win10PE SE. In the partition manager I see unallocated space in each virtual disk.

How could I recover the data from the raid 1 and raid 5?

Thanks

Goof

• 

6.2K Posts

October 7th, 2016 10:00

Hello

How could I recover the data from the raid 1 and raid 5?

If the RAID arrays are in an optimal state then there is nothing to recover. You can boot to the controller BIOS to verify the state of the virtual disks.

I see the raids (virtual disks) with a Win10PE SE. In the partition manager I see unallocated space in each virtual disk.

I'm familiar with the pre-installation environment acronym, but I don't know what the SE stands for. Can you explain what that is? Also, is Windows 10 the operating system that was installed on the server?

It sounds like your partition tables were wiped. If your host OS is not Windows 10 then it may be that the Win10 media you are using cannot properly read your partition tables.

This does not appear to be an issue that is hardware related. The file system, boot loader, and operating system are all software that is stored on the virtual disks. If the virtual disks are optimal then the data has been deleted or become unreadable somehow.

1. If you don't have a backup and the data is critical then contact a data recovery company before doing anything further. Troubleshooting or attempting to recover may cause whatever data is present to be more difficult to recover.
  2. Review exactly what happened prior to the issue. Some change made to hardware or software prior to the issue may provide a clue as to why the issue is occurring.
  3. Search the knowledge base of the operating system you have installed for recovery or repair procedures.

Thanks

2 Posts

October 8th, 2016 03:00

Hello Daniel,

the bootable disk is a Windows 10 PE http://win10se.cwcodes.net/ 

My post has been reduced.

The virtual disks are in optimal state. How could the partition tables be wiped without any user interaction? I tried to recover the partions. But it seems that there are no partitions any more. Do you know any other dolutions?

Thanks

Goof

• 

6.2K Posts

October 12th, 2016 10:00

The virtual disks are in optimal state. How could the partition tables be wiped without any user interaction?

I don't know. That is a software issue that is related to your operating system.

Are you sure that no settings changed in the system BIOS? If the BIOS boot mode was changed between BIOS or UEFI boot mode then the operating system will not properly load, and partitions may not be properly detected. I'm not aware of any other system BIOS changes that would cause the OS to not be seen.

Thanks

No Events found!