Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

1 Message

March 17th, 2019 23:00

Add New NAS Drive

Hi,

i'm running with 2012 R2 on dell poweredge 2950 server. it's already having 4drives with raid 5. right now i need to add 2more NAS drive 1TB each with new raid configuration.

kindly share the steps to adding on these NAS drive.....

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

March 18th, 2019 07:00

I'm not certain for this generation of hardware, but OpenManage may allow you to create the RAID volume from the OS level. It does for newer hardware, but I don't have a 9G to test on. If it does, it would be from the Storage tab of OpenManage.

If you can't use OpenManage, then you would need to boot into the Control + R RAID configuration utility. The F2 key in there should give you a context menu, where you can begin the process to create a new virtual disk. You'll be prompted through each menu until the disk is created.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

March 18th, 2019 08:00

You absolutely can add VD's in OMSA from the OS on this machine (this model will still run the very latest OMSA versions). You can way back to 3rd generation machines (pre-OMSA, using Array Manager).

BUT … DON'T use NAS drives! NAS drives DO NOT belong in servers. Buy a Synology and put them in there. Buy server drives for servers.

No Events found!