Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 15th, 2017 15:00

BIOS logo/status bar missing from initial startup

Folks,

Recently purchased 2 R710's from eBay and thought all was going well until I powered up the 2nd server. The first thing I noticed right away was the Dell logo and status bar upon BIOS boot were missing. It does however recognize it's an R710 and using 6.4.0. I've tried reflashing the BIOS with 6.4 and even older versions but no fix yet. I came across something about OEM BIOS but could'nt really piece together a plan to get it back to a Dell factory flash.

Any ideas?

• 

6.2K Posts

September 18th, 2017 10:00

Hello

I'm not aware of a setting that would disable the logo screen, but you can use the NVRAM clear jumper to reset the BIOS to defaults.

What is displayed during POST is controlled by the BIOS. If you are updating the BIOS using a tool like the Lifecycle Controller it will install the same type of BIOS that is currently installed. If this is an OEM system then you would have to force flash the BIOS to install a different BIOS type. I would not recommend changing the BIOS type of a system.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

September 21st, 2017 11:00

Thank you for the reply and excellent advice!

FIX: Undergoing the proper procedure provided by Dell, clearing the NVRAM using the onboard jumpers worked like a charm. The servers have been up and running since clearing the NVRAM without incident.

Thank you Daniel!

No Events found!