Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2012 14:00

Blade - "Device option ROM on mezzanine card C failed to support Link Tuning or "

Hi,

I'm receiving this error on two M610 blades "Device option ROM on mezzanine card C failed to support Link Tuning or
FlexAddress.".

We have the Emulex LPe1205-M FC HBA on Mezzanie bus C. If I remove the card from the blade the error does not occur. I only have the Emulex HBA on two M610 servers. I'm not getting the error on the other servers which have Qlogic QME2572 HBA.

The error appears to have started after I updated the firmware to latest for all components on the Blade Chassis M1000e (FW: 4.20) , IDrac (FW:3.42) , M610 (FW: 6.3.0), and LPe1205-M (FW: 2.01A4), . The HBA is connected to a Brocade 4424 (OS:v6.2.0c). Chassis Midplane V1.0.

I have tried to revert the firmware on the  LPe1205-M, but this did not correct the issue.

Does not appear to aftect function or performance, but does cause a citrical error, so the blade is in error and red lights flashing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ray

• 

6.2K Posts

November 27th, 2012 08:00

The issue appears to be have been a failed firmware update on the Emulex HBA. I'm not sure if it was caused by an old version of HBAnywhere, a corrupt download, or some other reason.

Manually performing the update via command line resolves the issue. To perform the update go to Emulex's website and download the firmware update and bootcode update:

http://www.emulex.com/downloads/dell/dell-lpe1205-m/firmware-and-boot-code.html

You will also need the DOS offline utility:

http://www.emulex.com/downloads/emulex/cnas-and-hbas/utilities/offline-utilities/dos-offline-utility.html

You will then need to create a DOS bootable disc and copy the files to that disc. Boot to the disc and run these commands to perform the two updates:

doslpcfg.exe download n=all i=uf201a4.all
doslpcfg.exe download n=all i=UU603x1.prg

You may need to substitute n=all for the actual number of the HBA, n=1

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

November 15th, 2012 15:00

Hello Ray

The first thing I would suggest is to clear the logs on the blade and CMC. Old errors in the logs can be reported even if the error is not current.

If that does not resolve the issue then I would suggest reflashing to the latest firmware using HBAnywhere. Let me know if that does not work and I'll look further into it.

Thanks

November 15th, 2012 16:00

Hi Daniel,

The error occurs at boot time, each time the server boots. So clearing the logs works until the server is rebooted.

Have re-flashed with Emulex tool but issue is still there.

Thanks,

Ray

• 

6.2K Posts

November 15th, 2012 17:00

I'll try to reproduce this in our lab tomorrow.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

November 16th, 2012 10:00

Ray

I think this is a compatibility issue with the latest CMC firmware. Could you send me a private message with the chassis service tag, your email address, and company name associated with tag.

If I'm correct then you should be able to install an earlier version of the CMC firmware to resolve the issue. You can do this without downtime. You will lose the management interface for about 5 minutes, and the fans will run on full blast during the update.

Thanks

1 Message

October 22nd, 2014 22:00

Hi there!

i just experienced the same issue today,

my HBA is from Qlogic QME2662,

i downloaded the qflasher from the qlogic website, the problem is the blade only takes drive A:> ( USB cd rom) as the default and doesnt change to any...

thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

October 23rd, 2014 06:00

Hello

i just experienced the same issue today,

my HBA is from Qlogic QME2662,

This issue was with the update software for Emulex. It has nothing to do with your Qlogic card. Please create a new thread for your issue.

Thanks

No Events found!