Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 30th, 2016 05:00

Dell 1081AD KVM Remote Java Session only works after full reset

Hi all,

I've got a strange error on our 1081AD KVM, I can only launch a KVM session after a full reset, and during a few hours timeframe ( could not pinpoint exactly yet) , after that, I cannot launch it anymore.

Being more specific, I do a full factory reset, change passwords, change IP settings. In the next few hours, I can access the KVM, launch console sessions, no issue.

After a few hours time, when I try to launch a Java Session, it gives the error "Could not connect to Server". The error itself is pretty generic, and it is know from issues with Java, mainly due to security settings, like insecure/disabled ciphers , but his is not the case, Java Security settings are correct, the KVM is whitelisted, there are no proxies in between, no changes made on the client machine.

KVM has the latest firmware, version  01.20.00 from dellkvm.com , we also  know from experience that if we re-flash the firmware, it also works during a few hours, the flashing process does some kind of reset...

Steps already done/tried,  without success :

a) Older Java Releases (it needs 1.7+ to work)

b) Older Browsers (IE9, FF 45)

c) Other OS (Windows XP,  CentOS)

d) KVM standard reboot

We are running out of ideias here, does anybody have a clue ? We haven't done a firmware downgrade yet, but that does not seem a future-proof solution...

The relevant part of the Java Console is the following:

SSL session using protocol TLSv1.2, cipher suite TLS_DH_anon_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA

KVMIOWindowListener::setup
KVMIOWindowListener::setup
m_preemptionSharing::4
CMDUtil setscalingon = false
CMDUtil setscalingon = false
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.OutputRecord.writeBuffer(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.OutputRecord.write(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecordInternal(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    at com.avocent.b.e.c.b(Unknown Source)
    at com.avocent.b.e.e.run(Unknown Source)

• 

6.2K Posts

December 30th, 2016 10:00

Hello

How are you launching the console, are you using the server console application? Try to access the embedded web server of the switch when the issue occurs. You can access the On Board Web Interface by using a browser to open the IP address of the switch. I think it will only open with an https prefix and not an http.

The next time the issue occurs clear the volatile memory to see if that resolves the issue. You can clear volatile memory by disconnecting power to the switch for about 1 minute.

Thanks

6 Posts

January 5th, 2017 13:00

Hello all,

We  powered down the KVM today morning during 5 minutes, and, eight hours after, I can still launch the KVM consoles, so it seems that the procedure fixed it. Let's see if it holds...

For the record, I was using the embedded web server.

1 Message

March 30th, 2020 11:00

(removed)

No Events found!