Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2011 13:00

Dell PE R910 Not booting up

Hi,

Dell PE R910 not booting up, as no front LCD panel power, not able to log in into iDRAC management port, 3 PSU also lit up(green) but no activity in the motherboard. Already swap the power cable, reset the memory module, change the power cable but not luck. Please see the attached file as some led in motherboard always flashing after plug in power source. (8 LED indicators on the system board between PCIe Slot 1 and the Power Supply)

Flashing

Off

Off

Lit up

Lit up

Flashing

Off

Off

Flashing

Also go through the minimum POST component but no luck. Problem still persist.

Regards,

Rajib

January 1st, 2013 20:00

I have already solved he problem with cros-checking another P910....and found that PCB board (which reside rear the PSU) got malfuntioned. After changing that my server is now booting OK.

Masud

June 20th, 2011 13:00

This is a newly purchased server.

77 Posts

December 31st, 2012 22:00

Hi, I have the same server newly purchased. The system is booting and no issues in the front LCD. But the LEDs you mentioned in the board are lighting green and red. I am not sure what they exactly mean. I logged a case with Dell and waiting for their response. Please share if you have a document on the LED indication. Thank you.

77 Posts

January 1st, 2013 22:00

Hi Masud, Thanks for your reply. I dont face any issue in booting. I have not yet installed the OS on it. Dell support says, as long as it is not showing any error in front LCD, it would be fine. But the red lights are really annoying and i am concerned once i got this server to production, i dont want to end up in trouble.

I am looking around to find the documentation for these motherboard to see what those LEDs really means.

Thanks again for your reply

Basheer

No Events found!