Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

4 Posts

August 13th, 2018 11:00

Dell PowerEdge 2600 install new system

Hello everyone, I gained a former power-edge 2600 server, it was with server 2003 installed, but I did not know the password and tried to find or break and did not succeed, so I decided to format to reinstall a new system from scratch. It has 06GB of 36GB hard drives, I went to CTRL + M and redo the RAID, it has 02 channels (CH 0 RAID where the HDs are and CH 1 SCSI where the TAPE is) I activated the logical drive, but when I come back to reboot of CD to give the boot it does not give the boot with no CD already tried with several CDs of the windows and CD of own DELL and none of them of the boot. It stands still on the screen of the image below

If anyone can help me, thank you.

teste4.jpg

• 

6.2K Posts

August 13th, 2018 14:00

Hello

You can modify the boot settings in the system BIOS. Make sure the boot order is set correctly. Also, you should check to see if you have a CD or DVD drive. If you do not have a DVD drive then make sure the discs you are using are not DVDs. You can find the system manual on the support page.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

4 Posts

August 14th, 2018 11:00

Hello Daniel, thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I have already checked the BIOS and the order is already booting from the CD (because the drive is a CD and not a DVD), because of the size I already tried to boot with the DELL CD OM_5.2.0_ISM_A00, with LINUX CD, with server 2000 , 2003 and even with win XP. My CD drive I think is good as the light blinks and I feel it takes a while to read the CD before the message

"No boot disk available.

strike F1 to repeat boot, F2 to setup utility ".

Is there anything I can be doing wrong yet?

I already researched it and I know that it also does not have support for USB boot.

Is there any update I can do to resolve this issue?

4 Posts

August 14th, 2018 13:00

This is a problem, as I do not have another CD drive that is SCSI, since the motherboard seems to have only this type of input. Is there any way I can get an IDE or SATA drive?

• 

6.2K Posts

August 14th, 2018 13:00

This doesn't sound like an issue that a hardware update will resolve. I would try another CD/DVD drive.

No Events found!