Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 2nd, 2015 05:00

Dell PowerEdge Fans runs always in full speed

Hi

I have a problem witht one Dell Poweredge 2900 server. The server always runs the fans in full rpm.

I tried to update the latest bios and the ESM firmware, but the problem is not solved.

The Dell OpenManage displays only one error, the chassis intrusion says, case is open, but the case is closed correctly. I think the sensor is bad, I try to search the switch but i can't find it.

Please let me know where is the chassis intrusion switch on this server, or how to disable it.

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2015 10:00

As hinted by Theflash1932, the intrusion switch may be damaged and located at the center fan housing bay. It can not be replaced as an individual component. See picture below.

It is replaceable as a housing bay of Dell part number: NF078

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2015 10:00

Possible the chassis intrusion switch was damaged? I believe the switch is toward the bottom of the chassis, under the bottom-most fan. You can check the BIOS, but I really doubt you can disable the chassis intrusion, and even if you could, it would only disable the security alerting for the chassis being opened - it would not change the sensors that bump the fans to compensate for temp/pressure in the box.

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2015 01:00

Many Thanks for the picture.

I find the snapped switch. Two wires coming out from the switch i just cut them and the machine is functioning normal.

Thanks again for the fast help.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 6th, 2015 13:00

Fantastic!

No Events found!