Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

2 Posts

May 24th, 2019 14:00

Dell Poweredge R710 Processor Upgrade

In the owners manual for my Dell Poweredge R710, it says that the Intel Xeon X5600 series processor is supported. However, when the processors are installed, I get an error message that says the following: "This CPU Power Rating is not supported." System has dual 870watt power supplies. What am I missing? Regards to all, RoyP, Florida USA

• 

6.2K Posts

May 24th, 2019 16:00

Hello

There is a document about 5600 series CPUs on the R710 support page. Not all R710's support 5600 CPUs, there are requirements that should be covered in that document.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

May 24th, 2019 19:00

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I could not find that specific article but I did call a reseller and they advise that the R710 went thru a revision mid year.  The published specs are incorrect as a version II motherboard came into play that actually DOES support the type II board.  As a result, I have ordered a new Mobo and will replace it to remedy the incompatibility.

BTW, I appreciate your time but really would have appreciated a link if possible instead of a reference to an article.  As your customer for nearly 30 years, an answer would have sufficed.  I should not have to contact a reseller to get a straight answer to my problem.

Regards,

RoyP

PS:  I was contacted a few weeks ago from a manager at DELL asking why I purchased montors from a reseller instead of Dell direct.  This type of non response is one reason.

No Events found!