Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 14th, 2013 11:00

Dell Poweredge SC430

Good morning,

I have a Poweredge SC430.  I have the flashing amber light with the green code of 3. The manual shows this to be a problem with the microprocessor.  I have replaced the processor, (the replacement is the correct one), applied the thermal paste, put it back together and turned it on.  It immediately starts the flashing amber light and displays the green number 3.  I would greatly appreciate any guidance.  This is the tower for my wife's medical transcription business and I was hoping to find the fix with the new processor.  Thank you.

• 

6.2K Posts

April 14th, 2013 11:00

Hello firefightermike

I would recommend removing all unnecessary devices such as PCI cards and external devices(Even KB and mouse). If it still gives the same diagnostic error then test with just 1 memory module in slot 1. If the issue persists then try one of the other memory modules. If the issue still persists then the problem is likely with the system board.

A POST failure can be difficult to diagnose since the system isn't getting far enough into the process to provide detailed information on the problem. The error hints at the processor, but any component that interacts with the processor can cause it to not function properly, and almost everything in the system interacts with the processor. In this type of situation we generally replace most likely components and if that does not work we start replacing the other possible components. System board and processor are the two most likely culprits of this error.

Thanks

April 14th, 2013 12:00

Sir,

Thank you very much.  I will give it a try.

No Events found!