Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2016 10:00

Dell Poweredge T20 Xeon BSOD

my dell poweredge t20 is having a BSOD for Clock watchdog timeout after the most recent updates including  bios i have a funny feeling its the newest bios since i have disabled c  states, removed the latest HDD addition, Reinstalled the OS, Removed the raid array but did not disable it, but it still BSOD after 6hrs or more or less its at random like i would find it in the morning with a black screen not responding to any keyboard or mouse actions then i would reboot it it would be fine until some time that night or the next morning. Once i caught it with the BSOD while i was watching it via KVM it was clock watchdog time out its windows server 2012 r2  datacenter with all latest updates.

• 

8.5K Posts

January 12th, 2016 13:00

TylerHoot,

When you updated the BIOS, did you also update the iDrac as well?

Also, when you started getting the error, was it a result of the BIOS update, or was it after 2012 updated?

Let me know so we can proceed correctly.

10 Posts

January 12th, 2016 20:00

this sever only has the on board Intel hdd controller and it was after i did a full reinstall and did all the updates

10 Posts

January 18th, 2016 14:00

this sever only has the on board Intel hdd controller and it was after i did a full reinstall and did all the updates ( this is a repost to make sure you saw it chris.)

No Events found!