Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

May 18th, 2016 07:00

Dell poweredge 2900 motherboard problem... want to retrieve data from hardisk

One day...my server cannot start.. it appears e1000 failsafe,e1219 backplane pwrgd..then i called dell ,they said  tje motherboard problem... then they email me they no longer suppoet for this server.my question is how do i wat to get my data from the hardisk? I try to read from pc but it cannot read it... please help all the data in there...

• 

6.2K Posts

May 18th, 2016 17:00

Hello

You can either resolve the issue with the system, contact a data recovery company, or attach the drives to a system with the same or compatible controller.

If the drives are connected to a RAID controller then they need to be connected to the same or a similar RAID controller to access the data. You should be very careful with moving the drives to other controllers. You can easily corrupt the data by writing information to the drives. Also, if you attach the drives to a newer version of the same controller type then moving the drives back to an older controller is not supported. The data may not be accessible or the array may encounter issues if you do so.

Thanks

2 Posts

May 18th, 2016 19:00

If I found exactly the same model of the server.... can i just plugin my hardisk into the server? could it resolve my problem?

• 

6.2K Posts

May 20th, 2016 10:00

If I found exactly the same model of the server.... can i just plugin my hardisk into the server? could it resolve my problem?

It needs to be the same or a compatible controller. Our servers are customizable, so I can't say for sure if it will work on the same server. If you found a system with the exact same RAID controller then I would update the firmware to the latest version and then move the drives over. When you move them back to the original system update the firmware to the latest version before moving them back.

Thanks

No Events found!