Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2016 17:00

Dell poweredge T20 will not post

I have a dell poweredge T20 that I just did the BIOS update version a05 to version a11  then it rebooted when it completed then it would not boot afterwards. I have tried disconnecting all external devices that did not work I tried service mode pin, CMOS reset, removing all ram except the dimm in slot 1 that did not work.

• 

6.2K Posts

December 23rd, 2016 12:00

Hello

If the system will not complete POST after the steps you have performed then parts will need to be replaced. The most likely part would be the system board since the issue started after a BIOS update.

CMOS reset

Resetting the system BIOS on our servers must be completed by using the jumper. Removing the CMOS battery only resets the system clock. I would make sure that you take the system to minimum to POST by removing all unnecessary components, drain flea power, and clear NVRAM via jumper. If you are sure you have performed all of those steps correctly then the next step would be parts replacement.

Thanks

10 Posts

December 23rd, 2016 12:00

I have reset the nvram and removed All unnecessary parts I was able to make it gives a ram error via removing all ram but yes I have tried all of the above directions.

No Events found!