Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2010 14:00

Drive rails, brackets, cages, etc. and SATA ports for T410

I cannot find this fundamental information on the Dell site and my Dell reps do not know.  I'm sure I would know the answers if I had ever speced a Dell server, but they are new to me.

I am about to order a new T410 server which will have a spare external 5 1/4" bay and 4 spare internal 3 1/2" HD bays ( in a cabled drive box). 

If I wish to add my own 5 1/4" backup drive in the external bay, are any special drive brackets required that are not included (like they usually are with other brands.)  If brackets are required but are similar to the mmnay systems used over the past 20 years, I probably have some. 

What about the SATA connection for my backup drive?  I'll use a PERC 6I for my HDs, but does the motherboard have its own SATA ports for DVD and Tape drives, etc? 

If I wish to add a couple of cabled HDs, are there special brackets involved here that don't come with the system?  These, I likely do not have laying around.

Like I said - fundamental questions.  Simple, but important.

347 Posts

May 25th, 2010 15:00

if you have an empty 5 1/4 bay, it will come with a blank, dont throw the blank away as it will have 3 srews you will need to insert on your drive you wish to insert in this bay.

No Events found!