Start a Conversation

Unsolved

KB

5 Posts

July 18th, 2019 22:00

Drivers for Embedded SATA disk in Poweredge 2950 Gen iii

I am looking for the  identity (file name) of the driver for an embedded SATA disk for Windows Server 2012 R2 on a Poweredge 2950 Gen iii.

I have installed, accessed, partitioned, and formatted an embedded disk using the current Windows Server 2012 R2 installation on one of the SAS drives on the RAID controller.  The next task is to install Windows Server 2012 R2 on the embedded SATA disk.  When I boot the Windows USB install drive all the drives configured on the RAID controller are available for the install, but the embedded SATA drive is not recognized.  At this point I have the option to install a driver in order to have said SATA drive recognized, however I am unable to identify or locate the appropriate driver install file.

On the SAS hosted Windows install the available information for the embedded SATA drive is :

F:
Toshiba MK1652GSX ATA Device
Location 0 (Channel 0, Target 0, Lun 0)

Driver
Provider: Microsoft Corporation
Driver Date: 2006-06-21
File Version: 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

Driver File Details
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\partmgr.sys

Can anyone identify the driver install file required to identify the embedded SATA disk to the Windows install program?

ttfn
Ian Wood
Grizzled Old Admin

• 

8.8K Posts

July 19th, 2019 06:00

Kubota Boy,

Would you confirm how you are connecting the drive, and to which port? I don't know if this is a driver issue is why I ask for clarification.

Thank you.

1 Message

May 24th, 2020 05:00

Alguém conseguiu a solução?

Estou com o mesmo problema?

Obrigado!

• 

790 Posts

May 25th, 2020 07:00

Hi DBAHR,

thanks for reaching out on the English community forum.

Could you please tell us what exactly is the issue that you are facing? 
Tell us which system you use and give some detailed information about the issue.

And if you want to ask your question in Portuguese, feel free to use our Portuguese forum here: https://dell.to/2XvGI9B

Thanks

Stefan

1 Rookie

• 

12 Posts

October 31st, 2023 08:17

In my 2950 gen 3 i have used sata drives, and now ssd's with no problems, have you tested that sata drive in a different computer to make sure it is working?

No Events found!