Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

September 20th, 2007 18:00

Error starting DSM DUP BIOSVerifySrv service on PE2900

I upgraded the BIOS on our PE2900 to 1.5.1 and now the DSM DUP BIOSVerifySrv service fails to start. While it is failing, other services are being hung up until it fails. This can take several minutes. Is there a problem with BIOS 1.5.1 or is there an update to the DSM software so that it will detect the newer BIOS?

September 25th, 2007 16:00

Isn't there someone from Dell who monitors the forum who can help with this? Is this latest BIOS good? Is there an update that will fix the problem with the BIOSVerifySrv?

946 Posts

September 26th, 2007 19:00

Hi gawing,

I have not seen this particular issue, but it may be helpful to run the PowerEdge updates CD to make sure everything else is up to date.  As far as any problems with the new BIOS, I have not seen any reported issues.

The update ISO can be found here:

Message Edited by DELL-Dennis S on 09-26-2007 03:02 PM

September 27th, 2007 11:00

The Update CD that you link to is older than the BIOS. Will there be a new ISO soon, or is this update CD good enough?

946 Posts

September 27th, 2007 12:00

Gawing,

The only update on the CD that will not be at the latest revision is the Bios.  I would suggest we get everything up to date and see if we still have the same problem.  If after all the updates are applied and we still have the service failing, I would suggest that we back Rev to 1.3.7.

February 27th, 2013 18:00

I get the same error after updating to 1.5.1. This service is temporarily (read it description) and should be automatically deletes after check last bios update state. I manually remove this service (sc delete ) and remove it files from C:\dell directory. 

No Events found!