PowerEdge Hardware General

Last reply by 03-19-2021 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

External Graphic Card not detected on T40

I have a poweredge T40 with Graphic Card Zotac GT430 installed.

It's run smoothly in a month but after reboot the server (after upgrading the OS). It cannot go through the OS or BIOS (no display: check the signal cable on the monitor).

ps: I don't have a dell display port connector / converter.

Any suggestions?

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

PCIe: 1 x Gen3 slot (x16) 2X Gen3 slot (x4) 1 X PCI can fly but not a external graphic card, I'm afraid. It is not officially supported. Hope this helps your understanding and have a good one.

DELL-Young E
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

View solution in original post

Replies (6)

Hi,

PCIe: 1 x Gen3 slot (x16) 2X Gen3 slot (x4) 1 X PCI can fly but not a external graphic card, I'm afraid. It is not officially supported. Hope this helps your understanding and have a good one.

DELL-Young E
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Hi @DELL-Young E

Thank you for the Answer.

It's weird, because till last week the T40 able to connect to the monitor with an external graphic card.
I'm cannot access the OS even BIOS anymore.
Do I need to buy a DisplayPort converter to connect my monitor through VGA?

Thanks

Can you remove external graphics card and check whether display is coming on onboard display ports?

Thanks,
DELL-Shine K
#IWork4Dell

Hi @DELL-Shine K 

I will buy a DisplayPort to VGA converter and I will try later.

Thanks for the advice.

3 Argentum

Sometimes the 'Graphics card not detected' error will occur upon the installation of new drivers when something goes awry. Be it a faulty driver on its own or new drivers' incompatibility with another component inside the PC, the options are too numerous to name.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I've already bought a display port converter and all is good.
So, I assumed that the VGA on the PCI-e detected from OS (driver came from OS). My last reboot crashed my OS, so my external VGA cannot be detected because the external VGA is not officially supported.
Thanks all for the suggestion and solution.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor