Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2014 22:00

HWC2005 system board riser cable or interconnect failure

Hello all!

I had a server PowerEge R520 in my organisation. After i have install a new processor, RAM & heatsink, as soon as I connected to electricity, on the forward panel, I saw LCD message.
"HWC2005: System board Riser cable or interconnect failure. Check connection." 

Server turn on correct, but this message disturbs me. What the "Riser cable" is ? And what I must doing for stop that?

Thank you for helping me.

• 

8.5K Posts

December 10th, 2014 11:00

TryItOut666,

The issue you are seeing is due to the riser itself that is installed in the server. There are couple  possible risers for the system, they are ones that work with either a Single Processor, or Dual Processor. I believe the risers you have installed are meant to only work in a single processor environment. 

If you private message me the Svc Tag I can verify the hardware installed.

If you follow this link, on page 60 it goes further into the 2 different risers - http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_poweredge/poweredge-r520_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Let me know.

December 10th, 2014 18:00

Thanks Chris,

My organization is using dual processor.

I have contact Dell yesterday, and they told me that I need to replace PCI riser for the 2nd processor. Your info is much appreciate n useful too.

1 Rookie

• 

131 Posts

February 15th, 2020 22:00

i have similar issue

only using 1 processor..

and i have 2 riser card installed..

and warning always show up.

maybe i use wrong riser card that required 2 processor?

• 

790 Posts

February 17th, 2020 03:00

Hi hendranata,

yes, sounds like that.

Tell me, are the cards working as they should? (Can't imagine)

Cheers
Stefan

21 Posts

October 4th, 2022 06:00

Hi,

Have old system R520. Probably previously it had 1 CPU, so we replaced raiser to DXX7K for 2 CPU system. And now we have to have normaly functioning 2 CPU R520. But we still have the same error message HWC2005. Log cleaning, iDrack reset, NVRAM clear, system repurpose didn't helped. What else we can do?

• 

3.3K Posts

October 4th, 2022 08:00

Hello Kiesha325,

I want to confirm if you have saved, optional, then  cleared the System Event Log in the iDRAC?

Next give it a flea power drain and check results (shut down, disconnect power cables and Network cables, hold in power button 20 seconds with cords removed).  After flea power drain, system has to set for 3 minutes for DRAC to reset without any power plugged in, then plug in NIC and power but wait 2 minutes before power on to give DRAC time to initialize.

Can you confirm you have these risers 1 and 2 for a dual processor system?

DXX7K

ASSY,PWA,RISER-1,2P,R520

T44HM

ASSY,PWA,RISER-2,2P,R520

21 Posts

October 6th, 2022 03:00

Yes, that was our problem - we didn't replaced another riser. Once set and all servers run normally.

No Events found!