Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2010 01:00

HannStar K MV-4 94-0 0553 SCSI

I wish to get information  about the  availability of HannStar  K MV-4 94-0 0553  SCSI hardware board, used in Dell’s Power Vault 2850. I have been unable to locate Serbian distributor of HannStar hardware, as well I do not know which Dell  distributor in Eastern Europe  to contact from Serbia, beacuse it seems to me that they are having problem geting any information related to this refereenced hardware.

The hardware board seems to be fairly old, and I having problem locating where to buy  or find a cross for this referenced part. In documentation I could  not find anything relating to faulty hardare board.

I know that my Dell server is fairly old, but still I want to get it going.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

October 6th, 2010 06:00

I'm not sure which part you're talking about, but I have the impression you may mean the backplane or a split bus module.

Your best chance is to contact Dell support to find the Dell partnumber and then contact Dell spare parts (in your region) to see if they still have that part available to sell to you.

If Dell spare parts cannot sell you the part anymore, you could use the partnumber and search Google to see if someone happens to sell the part in question.

86 Posts

October 6th, 2010 07:00

http://www.ioffer.com/i/HANNSTAR-K-MV-4-94V-0-0550-127813793

See at the bottom of the page the image of the board.  I do not know exactly what is the function of the scsi card whether raid controller or as you said split-bus controller.

Which support?  where exactly? I did speak to some of them but they could not find it because they complained it is very old hardware. Evenmore the HannStarr company  nowdays is involved with LCD displays and similar. Above all, I believe that I need a  driver for that card for Linux!

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

October 6th, 2010 18:00

That looks like a PCI-X SCSI or SCSI Raid controller.

No Events found!