Highlighted

RE: How to calculate BTU and Power Consumption for a server or array?

Jump to solution

Comparing apples to oranges.  The newer servers are more efficient, using less power and producing less heat, thus providing cost savings in the datacenter. 

The figures used are as if they were the only server in the rack.  If you place more equipment  in the rack the numbers will go up. 

Regards,

Geoff P
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device!
(iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
StlCardsFanJWR
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

It would be very nice if the tool were consistent, it states the R910 is part of the "Supported Products" but is not available as a choice when trying to use the tool.  It's very frustrating to waste so much time digging for energy values on Dell's website for information that should be readily available for every server Dell has manufactured.

0 Kudos
StlCardsFanJWR
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

It would be very nice if the tool were consistent, it states the R910 is part of the "Supported Products" but is not available as a choice when trying to use the tool.  It's very frustrating to waste so much time digging for energy values on Dell's website for information that should be readily available for every server Dell has manufactured.

0 Kudos
jonathanfz
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dear:

I would consult as BTU consumption calculation for two servers

Dell PowerEdge 2950
Dell PowerEdge 2970

In the Hash I have found this information.

0 Kudos
ranadheerk
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello Geoff P,

i have a question. for any particular server, say for example :- PowerEdge R520, the power consumption is 159Watts. So do you mean that this 159W is at full load? if so, how much of power/BTU is dissipated/lost when it is working at full load? how to calculate it? Any kind of help in this is appreciated.

Thanks.

mvftw
1 Nickel

RE: How to calculate BTU and Power Consumption for a server

Jump to solution
0 Kudos