Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

March 11th, 2019 20:00

How to find out existing RAID configuration on R320?

Hi,

I have a PowerEdge R320 with 2x HDD installed in bay 0 & 1.

Recently, there was an error message PDR1001 shown on the LCD display for bay 0.

I want to replace this HDD but how can I find out whether the disks have been configured for RAID in the 1st place, and if it is not, how can I configure after replacing the faulty HDD.

I have removed the faulty HDD in bay 0 from the server and I am still able to boot up into windows as per normal.

Appreciate any comments and help.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

March 12th, 2019 07:00

Hello,

There are a few ways you can do this. The easiest would be to download and install OpenManage Server Administrator (commonly called OMSA). OMSA will let you view most information about your hardware, including the storage. Within the storage tab, there is a section for virtual disks. It will show the state of the virtual disk there. Right now, it should say degraded, since you have a failed drive. When you install the replacement, it should kick over to rebuilding, and then change to online, once everything is back to normal.

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

March 12th, 2019 08:00

power on, see raid card load, type  control+R (for raid) for Dell PERC cards.(or imbedded) my r310 same.

I have H700 card, best is know what is in the machine first, for (feature set richness)

see that raid it is , 0 or 1, mode. now? sure.

or OSMA. (if the OS runs, ok,  load this appl.from dell free.

read the manual on the raid card, all this is there,

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

March 12th, 2019 09:00

Yes, you can do it from the CTRL-R utility, which is what savvy was telling you … I didn't understand most of the rest of that post, but you should have OMSA installed on any Dell server that you manage, so doing it from the OS as Dylan suggested is the preferred way to do this.

No Events found!