Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2017 06:00

M620's seem to be Active/Standby with M8024-K Networking

We added a PS-M4410 and two M8024-K's to our M1000.   It looks to me like the servers are using the MK8024's in active/standby mode.  We've only got it setup for internal networking, the MK8024's are not connected to the top of the rack.

On our other blade switching they're both active so I run them as a NIC team for both redundancy and increased bandwidth.  When I add these two a team the team fails because one NIC is in Standby.

I've tested this by having both NIC's connected. I can ping one and not the other, if i disconnect the working card the one that was previously not being utilized starts pinging. 

Is this by design or do I have a configuration problem?

• 

6.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2017 09:00

Hello

It sounds like you have not properly configured the switch and team. You should start by checking the port status on the switch. There are several possible reasons the switch may be disabling one of the ports. You should review the switch configuration and port status. Once you determine the switch is properly configured make sure you are assigning the correct NIC interfaces to the team. Depending on the OS the ports listed in the OS may not match with the actual interface.

Thanks

No Events found!