Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 28th, 2015 02:00

PCI device - R720 & C410x

Hi,

I am trying to connect GPUs card to a Poweredge R720 through a C410x PCIe Expansion Chassis. After multiples try (BIOS upgrade, UEFI switching, multiple OS reinstall, disconnecting the power supply, BMC upgrade, iPass cable swaping, etc ...), I'm not able to view any GPU card in the pci device list ...

The setup is very basic :

C410x with GPUs <--> cable iPass  <--> PowerEdge R720 with HIC card

Is there is specific configuration in the BIOS ? Something else ?

5 Posts

September 9th, 2015 03:00

I've find the solution. You need to deactivate the "Intel Virtualization Technology" in the BIOS and you will see your GPUs.

5 Posts

September 9th, 2015 06:00

Solved : you need to set "Intel Virtual something" in the BIOS to DISABLE ;)

• 

6.2K Posts

August 28th, 2015 15:00

Hello

I'm not seeing that support for any 12G or later servers were added to the HIC or C410x. Did you find somewhere that stated the C410x was compatible with an R720?

Our 12G servers were the first line that supported the new Intel processors that moved the PCI controller from the system board to the processor. This had dramatic changes on the supported PCI/e configurations and max bus availability. That may be why we haven't added supported for anything past 11G systems for the C410x.

We added GPGPU support for a lot of 12G and later servers, so depending on the configuration your system should support GPGPUs directly installed.

Thanks

5 Posts

August 30th, 2015 03:00

Alright thanks, it means that I have to use a 12G series server ?

I can't find a list of server that supports the C410x ...

• 

6.2K Posts

August 30th, 2015 14:00

Alright thanks, it means that I have to use a 12G series server ?

I can't find a list of server that supports the C410x ...

I found a supported device list that includes the R720 and R720XD, so the server is supported.

The R720/XD does not support the 8:1 configuration, so make sure on your port mappings the iPASS the R720 is using is set to either 2:1 or 4:1.

If that is not the issue then provide more details about your configuration. You stated that you updated the BIOS, BMC, and swapped iPASS cables. Did you upgrade the BMC of the C410X?

Also, which GPGPUs are you using?

Are you following the power up and power down sequence in the manual?

http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_cloud_products/poweredge-c410x_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Are you using the Dell HIC we sell for the C410X?

Thanks

5 Posts

September 9th, 2015 02:00

Port map is 2:1 with 1 Xeon Phi coprocessor and 1 NVIDIA Tesla.

The BMC for the C410x is up to date.

I'm using NVIDIA Tesla and Xeon Phi.

I have follow the power up and power down sequence in the manual.

I'm using the Dell HIC card.

No Events found!