Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2017 04:00

PCIe Training Error: Integrated Raid after system board change

Hello,

We are trying to re-purpose a ex GSA PowerEdge R720xd server.

After spending some time trying to get access to the BIOS and finding several posts which said it was impossible on a GSA server we opted to replace the system board with a standard PowerEdge R720xd.

This appears to have gone well, the system boots, the RAM and both processors are detected, but then the below is displayed.

"PCIe Training Error: Integrated RAID"

"System Halted!"

Can't get into any BIOS, Lifecycle Management as this message is always displayed.

We have tried re-seating the RAID card and the little LED on the card lights up, but this message is still displayed.

Have I missed something? Is it because there may still be a RAID config on the card? Is there a way to clear this without being able to get into RAID setup?

Thanks,

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

March 3rd, 2017 07:00

No, it's not because of any configuration on the card, but it's possible they were using a proprietary card or a card with proprietary firmware on the old board with its custom firmware. Remove the RAID card from the storage slot. The storage slot can only accept validated cards. You might be able to use it in one of the generic slots or you might need to force-flash the existing card or get a supported one.

4 Posts

March 9th, 2017 01:00

Thank you,

There is only one slot I can see on the system board capable of taking the card. We have a new R730 being delivered next week, we may try transplanting the RAID card from this to the ex-GSA server.

I assume the R730 and the R720xd use the same RAID cards?

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

March 9th, 2017 05:00

12G (R720): H710

13G (R730): H730

No Events found!