Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

9 Posts

November 7th, 2020 21:00

PCIe Training error R620 with Digium E1/T1 cards

Dear community members, I need your assistance. I installed Digium TE4-Series T1/E1 card to my R620 and it is reporting PCIe training error during POST. However, if the Server later passes POST and boots, the Card is not detected. If I install the same Card to my PC PCIe slot, it will be detected. What should I do?

• 

4.1K Posts

November 8th, 2020 19:00

Hi, since what you're asking is not a Dell part, the best I could do is to direct you to the link below (expansion Card Installation Guidelines) with the card specification.
https://dell.to/35a3OHD

9 Posts

November 8th, 2020 21:00

Thanks for your reply and assistance but it didn’t solve the problem. 

Digium card works on PC and it works on HP Proliant 360p Gen8 Server, why it doesn’t work with Dell R620? Majority of my Server is Dell, how can I change my Servers because of PCIe card not detecting the TE420 Digium Cards? I am not happy about it. 

• 

4.1K Posts

November 8th, 2020 22:00

Hi, would you try testing another slot?  Also another way is trying plugging in the card with the issue only and see if the issue persists for troubleshooting.

9 Posts

November 8th, 2020 23:00

Yes, I have test the Card on the two Slots in Riser. Is there another PCIe slot to test? 

• 

2.4K Posts

November 8th, 2020 23:00

Unfortunately, as Young E said, I can't say anything different. Unofficial cards that do not run Dell firmware on them may not work. It will be useful if anyone can run the card you want to use in the forum and shares their experience. However, officially the server does not support this card, so you may be running into this problem. You can try by keeping the firmware updated(BIOS and iDRAC) on the server-side. Perhaps you can also check BIOS> integrated devices> slot disablement 

9 Posts

November 9th, 2020 03:00

Okay. I need a Riser that supports full-length PCIe Card, to try another Card. My Server is 8 bay, and two PCIe slot I guess. The Riser have two equal length which is not good for me. I have four Servers and need this Card to work by all means.

thanks for your reply.

9 Posts

November 9th, 2020 23:00

Hello.

I checked BIOS and made some changes yet it didn’t work. I did Hardware scan and got this error in the picture attached 

305B5526-5ABB-4082-88D1-2CBAD2A861A3.jpeg

• 

3.4K Posts

November 10th, 2020 01:00

Hi,

The error codes seems to be indicating that there are logs of error in the BIOS, and also indicating that the BIOS needs an update. But you have already updated the latest BIOS version, 2.9.0. So what you probably should do is to access to BIOS and clear the logs. 

PS: The server has removed the image that you have upload, it's due to that the picture has your private info on it (Service Tag).

9 Posts

November 12th, 2020 00:00

Thanks for your contribution but it didn’t solve the error problem.

Is there any I can convert the Server from 3 PCIe interface or Riser to 2 PCIe interface or Riser? 

• 

4.1K Posts

November 15th, 2020 22:00

Hi, unfortunately it's a non Dell part you are using, it might not work with a Dell system, I'm afraid. Sorry I couldn't be of further help.

No Events found!