Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

43 Posts

August 24th, 2018 01:00

PE R210 / II - Status LED 12 on from the beginning

Hi there,

I replaced my R210's  system board with a R210 II board (which is reported to be a drop-in replacement) and ever since I'm getting  12 status LED on, which means ''Possible system resource configuration error". It powers up okay, fans spin up hard for 30/40 seconds and then it stops with flashing amber light. I took the server to it's minimum, with only the CPU (E3-1220 v2), one DIMM (PC3-10600E), Riser Card, fans, front-panel and power-supply and it's still cannot boot, showing 12 from the beginning. Could it be a faulty system-board? Any advise/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

-San

• 

6.2K Posts

August 24th, 2018 09:00

Hello

It might be a faulty system board. Installing the mark II version of the R210 board into the R210 is not supported, we don't have a check list or process for performing this task. In order to check for a compatibility issue someone would have to get a full part list of all components in your system and check to see if they are validated for the R210 II. Any parts that are not cross-compatible with the two systems would then need to be tested to limit the possible faults. It would be best to have an R210 II that is functional to test each of your components on.

I checked the CPU and it is compatible on both systems. I suggest that you find part numbers on your other components and search online to see if they are compatible with an R210 II.

Thanks

43 Posts

August 28th, 2018 04:00

Thanks Daniel, for quick reply.

re. part-number, I see power-supply and the front-panel are the only things that directly attached to the R210 II systemboard from the R210 chassis - is there anything else?

I only have used the riser-card from the R210 (part #Y628N), seems to be the same for both of the server, so that couldn't be any issue, right?

-Santanu

43 Posts

August 29th, 2018 07:00

Just in case, Google landed you here due to the reason for this post, I'm replying to my own question: It works!! Putting R210 II system-board in a R210 chassis is pretty much a drop-in replacement.

In my case, I seemed to have a faulty motherboard in the first place and the replacement board started to work straightway. I think I need to do the BIOS/firmware update to make things actually working with rest of the other stuff but it went well past the 'uncertain' part.

-San

No Events found!