Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 5th, 2015 06:00

PERC 6i Memory Error?

Hi,

I have a DELL PowerEdge 2900 III originally arrived with SAS 6i adapter E2K-UCS-61-(B).

I have received a PERC 6i adapter E2K-UCP-61-(B) installed it on my PE 2900 III instead of the SAS 6i.

Problem is that when I power on the server I am receiving the error:

RAID Adapter
Memory Error!!!
Please check the SDRAM connection.

I have tried to remove all Hard Drives from the server and reboot but still the same.

Thanks for any help.

AG

• 

6.2K Posts

November 5th, 2015 11:00

How to reset the card if I can't access it's admin?

Reseat not reset. Reseat the device by removing it from it's slot or connector and then reinsert it to make sure it is properly connected.

I don't think you can access the controller to perform a reset with this type of error. I don't think the controller will complete initialization.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

November 5th, 2015 10:00

Hello

The error is a communication problem between the firmware on the controller and the memory on the controller. The controller firmware may not be initializing properly, the memory on the controller may be faulty, or the memory connector on the card may be faulty. The issue should be restricted to components on the controller itself, but other components attached to the controller may cause initialization issues that could result in this type of error.

Your issue is similar to this customer and I would have the same recommendations:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/956/t/19658164

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

November 5th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

How to reset the card if I can't access it's admin?

AG

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

November 5th, 2015 13:00

Thanks for your help.

No Events found!