Start a Conversation

Unsolved

RA

1 Message

May 9th, 2019 15:00

Perc H200 drive compatibility list

does anyone know where I can find a drive/SSD compatibility list for the PERC H200 controller? trying to replace existing drives with SSD

thanks in advance

• 

6.2K Posts

May 9th, 2019 17:00

Hello

I'm not aware of any part list that is published. If you go to the system support page there is a Parts and Accessories option. That will list parts we have available for sale for that system. I'm not aware of anything listed by controller.

If you provide specifications of the drive you are wanting someone may be able to provide a part number of an SSD that matches or is similar.

Thanks

3 Posts

December 17th, 2020 14:00

Called and talked to a supervisor,TED, in sales and he said that dell does not keep a parts list for anything that is not in the CURRENT catalog.......not sure why Ted would lie to me as I know they keep part lists longer than the CURRENT catalog......this is even after I got a quote for a new Server which I have deleted.....So back to google to find the PERC H200 drive compatibility list.....But after TED lied to me I will definitely look elsewhere for my next lab server and guide all my server farms accordingly.

3 Posts

December 17th, 2020 14:00

If dells refers to/requires/suggests/hints at a compatibility requirement for any HARDWARE then they MUST provide a list of that compatible hardware on their WEBSITE. I have called and spoke to 4 people who can't answer the simple question of what hard drive works with a PERC H200 controller........This is more DELL lack of professionalism.....when I called lenovo they told me where on their website their compatible list is......so I will probably only buy servers from them.........just inexcusable not to have this available......

• 

2.1K Posts

December 18th, 2020 01:00

Hello,

I saw your post also on this topic https://dell.to/3gZ9zMD I try to answer it. If you want we can continue from there. 

No Events found!