Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 10th, 2012 13:00

PowerEdge R210 II Amber Blinking Light

Hello all,

I have a PowerEdge R210 II that has an amber light blinking on it. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is, but I can't seem to find a way to do so.

I was trying to install the OpenManage Essentials, but it doesn't seem to be working out and it's starting to annoy me (the installation alone annoyed me...). Is there a way I can see what the issue is without having to install a load of software?

Thanks in advance!

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

You don't want OpenManage Essentials - that is for a completely different purpose.  You need to install OpenManage Server Administrator (Managed Node):

www.dell.com/.../poweredge-r210-2

Download and run to extract the files, then run C:\Openmanage\windows\setup.exe.  Add yourservernameoripaddress:1311 to IE's Intranet Zone.

Once open, go to System, then the Logs tab (make sure sub-tab says Hardware) ... to see the Hardware Log entries.

• 

6.2K Posts

Hello avdf

If there is an error light on the system then the error should be reported to the hardware/system log on the iDRAC/BMC. You can view the log by booting to the iDRAC/BMC via CTL E or by installing one of our management utilities like OMSA:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00333144M/1/OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-WIN-7.0.0-4741_A00.exe

OME is a monitoring application to manage multiple servers. It has several installation requirements. OMSA has install requirement, but is easier to install and use than OME. OMSA is designed to manage the server it is installed on.

Thanks

18 Posts

Thank you Daniel and theflash. This thing is pretty cool when you get it to work right. Thanks again!

1 Message

October 30th, 2018 09:00

Hi!

I have PowerEdge R210 II server. Red light blinking on front panel.

I can't find any description in the hardware manual for a red light blinking on the display panel on the front (there's no error message)

I don't configure first time my idrac6.

Operating system: Windows server 2012 r2

My server don't start when i puss power button, but power supply is ok.

On my harddisk works SWL server and i would like donload databese files!

How? what can i do? 
This week friday dell service partner come and repair my server but my data is the most important now.

Pls. help me. Thank you.

Sorry my english not too good. :D

No Events found!